Friday, April 18, 2014

Turtle Hibernating

So, our baby turtle, Fred, has been hibernating for almost 6 months straight!  Yikes!!

He freaks us out sometimes, because we think he died or something.  We'll put him in some luke-warm water, and he's happy as a clam.  Then as soon as he's back in his box, he goes right back to sleep, and doesn't move!

He doesn't eat for weeks, and rarely ever moves, unless I pick him up and get him to stretch out.

We always joke that he's got the best life out of everyone else in the house.  We thought our cat had it easy, but man, that turtle is just a lucky duck!!

Being my first turtle, I'm not exactly sure if this is normal or not.  But I figure, if he's hungry, he'll eat the food I keep in there.  He swims once a week, and stretches every other day.  He's alive, so I guess he's ok?  Eek!

Anyone else have a baby turtle, or experience with them?  What do you think about them?  Is this normal?  Aren't they adorable!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! Please share your thoughts with us :)